Questions about the concept of user profiles
I develop a metadata plugin for WordPress and was thinking about adding support for BuddyPress profiles, which basically boils down to:
1. generating Profile metadata objects for the member pages and,
2. use the member page URL as the post author’s URL in the metadata on WP blog posts.
However, I’m a little puzzled with some concepts which have to do with how I should retrieve the user information in the following cases:
1. BP Extended Profiles component deactivated.
In this case, the member page displays information from the WP user profile.
2. BP Extended Profiles component enabled.
In this case, the member page displays information *only* from the BP Extended Profile.
Is there a common API that can be used in both cases to retrieve user info? Are the BP users different users or, when used as a plugin, WP users and BP users are the same?
Can the ‘Profile Sync’ setting complicate the retrieval of the user information?
Thanks in advance,
- The topic ‘Questions about the concept of user profiles’ is closed to new replies.