Registration and Members Listing with BP API
I’m trying to build the frontend part for my blog and use WP and BP as headless CMS through their API. But I can’t get the registration to work as I expect. What I would like is to
- Have a registration form for new users to sign up.
- Once they’re registered and after account activation, they appear in member list so that other users can make friendship request to them.
- When they’re registered and after account activation they can log in (with JWT) and then display the memeber list to make friendship request.
What I’ve done, what’s not working
- When I try to make a “create member request” via POST /buddypress/v1/members -> I get an error “rest_cannot_create_user” because I don’t have rights to create new members.
- When I try to make a “signup request” via POST /buddypress/v1/signup, it registration seems to works (a user is added in WP) but he’s not visible in member list via GET /buddypress/v1/members.
- After account activation, the user is still not present in the member list
- After the user has logged in via JWT (POST /jwt-auth/v1/token), he can access to member list but he is still not present in the member list.
- The only way I found to make the user appears in the member list is to log in with the user credentials on the wp-admin interface.
How can I solve this, i.e. how can I make a new user visible in the member list without having him to log in through the wp-admin page ?
And this may be related but what is the difference between “user signups” and “member creation” ?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.