I’m curios what you guys would recommend to be proactive against registration spam? We are planning on turning on the ‘Anyone can register’ membership setting.
– Users they will still need admin approval before being able to post in the bbpress forums.
– We’ve offloaded commenting to Disqus so I’m not worried about comment spam.
– We are hosted by WPEngine
– Limit login attempts throttling is turned on
I’ve been reading this article and will probably use that as a guide. But I’m curious if anyone has any dissenting/agreeing opinions. The article also talks a bunch about comment spam, which as mentioned we are not worried about.
- The topic ‘Registration spam’ is closed to new replies.