[Resolved] Child Theme Styles in Buddypress 1.5.3
I’m trying to get a child theme installed on my installation of buddypress 1.5.3. As far as I can tell I’m doing everything exactly like the walkthrough here:
I added my new theme to the wp-content/themes folder and here is the header in my style.css file:
* Theme Name: Cornerstone Theme
* Theme URI: http://www.cornerstonecooking.com
* Description: Theme for Cornerstone
* Version: 1.0
* Author: Nick Evans
* Author URI: http://www.macheesmo.com
* License: GNU General Public License
* License URI: license.txt
* Template: bp-default
* Tags: buddypress, custom-background, custom-header, custom-menu, editor-style, featured-image-header, featured-images, fixed-width, light, right-sidebar, rtl-language-support, sticky-post, threaded-comments, translation-ready, two-columns, white
The new theme showed in my themes list and I was able to activate it.
Now for the problem… it doesn’t look like any actual changes that I make to that new style.css file actually get loaded.
In fact, I can’t even view the new style.css on the web. For example, if you go to:
I get a page not found error. If I try to access the original default stylesheet then it loads:
SO something funky is clearly going on.
I’ve also checked the permissions on the child theme style. It’s set to 775 right now which I think should be fine.
I’m pulling my hair out… anyone have any tips or clues?
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Child Theme Styles in Buddypress 1.5.3’ is closed to new replies.