Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

Should I wait for the v2.0 beta?

  • Profile photo of theatereleven
    theatereleven
    Participant

    @theatereleven

    This is probably an annoying question, but I’m looking at the timeline, and it seems that the v2 beta will be available in eleven days?

    I’ve never used BuddyPress and would rather just get my feet wet with “how it’s gonna be” as opposed to “how it was.”

    Or is there not going to be a huge difference between 1.9.2 and 2.x? I’m assuming the differences will be significant.

    Thanks for any insight!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Henry Wright
    Henry Wright
    Moderator

    @henrywright

    The beta version will need testing so I’d advise to either install 1.9.2 or wait for the full release of 2.0 (not the beta). Unless you’d like to help test of course :)

    Profile photo of Henry Wright
    Henry Wright
    Moderator

    @henrywright

    Profile photo of theatereleven
    theatereleven
    Participant

    @theatereleven

    Okay…thanks for the timeline link. I had looked at all of that trying to find an answer before posting.

    So will there be a clean upgrade path from 1.9.2 to 2.x? I don’t want to have a messy database and tons of work to change properly to the new release and get rid of the old.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Should I wait for the v2.0 beta?’ is closed to new replies.