slow reply posting when lots of topic subscribers (using subscription plugin)
So we’re using the “BuddyPress Group Email Subscription” plugin, and are experiencing a bottleneck when members submit a reply to a topic within a BP group. It can take 15-30 seconds for the reply to finish, from the moment of clicking “reply” to page reload.
Looks like this is because the reply doesn’t finish posting until all notification emails are composed and sent. There’s a plugin to solve this for bbpress (AsynCRONous bbPress Subscriptions), but nothing I can find to solve the problem when it’s the BP email sending routine that’s being used.
Does anyone have a solution to eliminate the slow reply issue here? We want to continue using the subscriptions plugin for several other reasons, so eliminating it isn’t the solution we’re looking for.
Thanks for the help.
Plugin we’re using: https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-group-email-subscription/
WP version 4.7
PHP version 5.6.28
– p1 Adminimize 1.11.2
– p2 Akismet 3.2
– p3 All In One SEO Pack 188.8.131.52
– p4 bbP Toolkit 1.0.6
– p5 bbPress 2.6-alpha
– p6 Better Notifications for WordPress 1.6
– p7 BP Registration Options 4.3.0
– p8 BuddyPress Group Email Subscription 3.7.0
– p9 BuddyPress Sitewide Activity Widget 1.3.2
– p10 BuddyPress 2.7.3
– p11 Contact Form 7 4.6
– p12 Goodnews Shortcodes editor 1.0
– p13 Google XML Sitemaps 4.0.8
– p14 Header and Footer 2.0.3
– p15 TinyMCE Advanced 4.4.1
– p16 User Role Editor 4.31
– p17 WP-Mail-SMTP 0.10.1
– p18 WP Super Cache 1.4.8
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.