Some of my users profiles are not loading
Some of my users’s profiles are not loading completely on my live site and end below the
<!-- .item-list-tabs -->line in the source. When I try it out on my local server, I get the following error message:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /opt/lampp/htdocs/sbwp/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 212
I looked up the plugin.php file and the error points to a line in the apply_filters function.
I use a custom theme but I checked under Twenty Fifteen as well and got the same result.
I deactivated all other plugins and the problem persists.
Here are the obligatory questions answered;
1. Which version of WordPress are you running?
4.1.1 (but the problem has been around for a while)
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
Root on server / subdirectory on localhost (I have two copies for emergencies like this but this time both are behaving badly)
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version?
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
6. Which version of BP are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones?
Yes: AddThis for WordPress / Edit Author Slug / Login With Ajax / Popular Widget / Video Thumbnails / Better Delete Revision / Hyper Cache / Login Bot Stopper / Wordfence Security (disabled all plugins save for BuddyPress and the behavior continues)
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
Customized, but problem persists with standard as well
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
Yes (2 lines – excluding php open and close tags):
add_filter( ‘bp_use_wp_admin_bar’, ‘__return_false’ );
define ( ‘BP_DISABLE_ADMIN_BAR’, true );
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
Not running bbPress
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
14. Which company provides your hosting?
15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else?
Linux: Apache (both localhost and server)
- The topic ‘Some of my users profiles are not loading’ is closed to new replies.