[Resolved] Translation Not Working
Alright, so I’m almost ripping out my hair over this. I’ve checked other threads on here, I’ve put the .po and .mo files in multiple directories (wp-content/languages, theme/languages, bp-languages), I’ve added the bp-custom file, tried to change the language with wp-config, and even selected the language from Settings->General.
All I’m trying to do is change some of the words talking about friends to something else. I’m not using a BuddyPress theme, it’s the Duena theme (https://wordpress.org/themes/duena).
I took the .pot file and edited it with a text editor for Ubuntu called gedit, then I saved it as .mo & .po files and named them accordingly. I’ve triple checked every other fix to the issue for the past few days and have had zero success.
Since this is supposed to help, here is my info below. Any help is greatly appreciated! I just need a simple step-by-step of what to do for my versions of WP and BP, I can follow them to the letter, and then report what happens.
1. Which version of WordPress are you running? 4.0
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install? Directory.
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory? Root.
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version? The previous version, but was having the issue prior to the upgrade.
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting. Yes, everything works perfect, I just need certain words like “Friends” changed to something else.
6. Which version of BP are you running? 2.0.2
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version? The previous one, had this issue prior to the upgrade.
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones? (BuddyDev)BP Poke, All In One SEO Pack, BP Profile Search, BP Xtra Signup, Buddypress – Who clicked at my Profile?, BuddyPress Edit Activity Stream, BuddyPress Friends Only Activity Stream, BuddyPress Live Notification, BuddyPress Username Changer, BuddyPress Usernames Only, Gatekeeper, Limit Login Attempts, Maintenance, Membership Premium, Registration Honeypot, RS Buddypress Activity Refresh, rtMedia for WordPress BuddyPress and bbPress, Simple Login Log, Useful Banner Manager, and Welcome Pack.
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes? Duena, so a regular theme? Not designed particularly for BuddyPress though.
10. Have you modified the core files in any way? Other than uploading the .mo & .po files and the bp-custom.php, no.
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php? Yes, the function from every tutorial talking about the language, but changed for my custom language file.
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in? Nope, no bbPress.
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files. None.
14. Which company provides your hosting? My own, HostArmor.
15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else? Linux + Apache.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Translation Not Working’ is closed to new replies.