Ugly links (/?p=N) and previews do not work when Settings / Reading / Front page = static BuddyPress page in BP 1.5.1 and WP 3.2.1, default BP theme.
I reported a bug on Trac (#3747), but would also like to check on this forum. Maybe somebody has a advice on this issue?
1) Settings / Reading / Front page = Activity page
2) Create a new page
3) Click preview
Now, the Activity page shows, not the content of the new page. The web address bar reads: example.com/?p=N&preview=true.
4) Publish page
5) Edit page
Now, preview works.
6) Add an ugly link to page content, test page
7) Publish / update page
Got to page, and click on “test page”
Now, the Activity page shows, not the “test page”
9) Change Settings / Reading / Front page = a not BP page or Your Latest Post
10) Previews and ugly link work
11) Change Settings / Reading / Front page = Forums
12) Preview a page in draft status
Now, this error shows “This webpage has a redirect loop” (Chrome).
Tested on a plain BP install, no other plugins than BP 1.5.1