Upgrade from BP 1.1.3 to BP 1.2.1
I’m running WPMU 2.9.1 and BP 1.1.3. I’m about to update my website to BP 1.2.1 tonight but I can’t find the guide on how to do that. The first-time installation guide here makes no mention of what to do for existing installations.
I’ve looked around online and I thought that I saw it somewhere but now I can’t seem to find it and it’s not listed on the front page blog post. I saw the post for upgrading from 1.2 to 1.2.1 but is that the same for 1.1.3 to 1.2.1?
Could I possibly…
1. Deactivate all plugins
2. Deactivate the BP 1.1.3 plugin
3. Use FTP to completely delete the BP 1.1.3 plugin from my plugins folder
4. Then use the “Add New” plugin option from the WPMU dashboard to install BP 1.2.1
5. Activate BP 1.2.1
6. Finally, activate all other plugins
Would that work? Or do I need to use the Backwards Compatibility Plugin if I had been using the default BP 1.1.3 theme up to this point? What if I’m ok with now using the BP 1.2.1 theme? Do I still need to use the Backwards Compatibility Plugin? The plugin page doesn’t specifically come out and say that… or am I just missing it?
- The topic ‘Upgrade from BP 1.1.3 to BP 1.2.1’ is closed to new replies.