Upgrade/backup/large site size questions
Hi all. First please forgive the ingnorance soon to be displayed. And now:
I’m going to try to upgrade to the lastest WPMU and BP. I’m currently running pre 2.7.1 and BP 1.0.1.
So when I go to backup the current /community directory from which I’m running, I find it is quite large – nearly 140megs, with about 138,000 files in over 1000 folders. I was shocked at the size, frankly, and much of it seems to be cache files.
1) Do I need to back all of this up before the upgrade?
2) Will this contunue to grow if I keep caching turned on, or is the size of this self limiting, somehow?
3) Is this unusually large?
4) What will I lose dumping these files? Site speed? Actual user data?
5) I haven’t even looked at the db size – I assume the db should be backed up before any upgrades?
Thanks in advance. Perhaps there is nothing of note here, but I don’t want anything to go haywire, esp. with this much data.
- The topic ‘Upgrade/backup/large site size questions’ is closed to new replies.