Username / (Nick)name – I lost it
I don’t understand why this is so complicated.
When people register they are required to enter a username and a name. Their username is not changeable after that, I understand that this is WordPress default functionality.
- what is entered at “Username” is shown on someones profile page like: @name
- what is entered at “Name” at the register form is filled in the field “First name” and “Nickname”
- Display name is set as “Nickname / First name” – since they are the same
– Why isn’t just the display name used for BuddyPress on someones profile?
– Or why is the username shown on the members profile since that cannot be changed by anyone?
– Why is there a field “Username” AND “Name” (which is also required) on the register form? I think having a Username field would be enough which is also automatically the “Nickname”.
I hope I’m thinking too difficult here and there is some easy explanation.
Looking forward to someones reply.
Thanks in advance.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.