Users can’t register
I created a fresh install of WordPress, removed all themes except TwentyTwenty and all default plugins. Installed Buddypress from the WP repository. Activated. This is a fresh install set up to troubleshoot this Buddypress problem in another install.
I can add users in the backend. If BP is disabled, users can register using the default registration.
No WP errors are created or logged. A single proxy error is thrown. Noted below with real domain masked.
1. Which version of WordPress are you running?
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version?
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
6. Which version of BP are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
No. Fresh install
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones?
9. Are you using a standard WordPress theme or customized theme?
10. Which theme do you use ?
11. Have you modified the core files in any way?
12. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
13. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
14. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files. https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress
One error noted in proxy_error_log
2020/12/01 13:37:19 [error] 31520#0: *5156884 “/var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN.com/httpdocs/testing2/register/index.html” is not found (2: No such file or directory), client: 188.8.131.52, server: DOMAIN.com, request: “POST /testing2/register/ HTTP/2.0”, host: “DOMAIN.com”, referrer: “https://DOMAIN.com/testing2/register/”
All debug options enabled in wpconfig but WP throws no errors or creates a log file.
15. Which company provides your hosting?
1and1 dedicated server
16. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else?
Apache & nginx
17. Which BP Theme are you using?
18. Have you overloaded any BuddyPress template files.
19. Any other site customisations that might have a bearing on the issue?
20. What BP Template Pack is activated in your installation? You will see that under Dashboard > Settings > BuddyPress – Options page.
Buddypress Nouveau (but also tried with Buddypress Legacy)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.