Using Buddypress messaging in a unique way
I’m making a two way messaging system where a staff member can contact any user inside wordpress, but the other party can only contact the staff member assigned to them. The assignment is done manually by storing the ID of the staff member in the user’s user meta.
I’d like to utilize buddypress for it’s awesome private messaging system just tweak it slightly:
1. only allow members with the subscriber role to contact the assigned staff member.
2. allow staff member role to contact anyone in the system.
3. remove friends functionality for everyone.
4. I need the subscribers template the page is viewed through to look completely different then the staff member’s view.
This is fairly ambitious but I’m confident with the awesome flexibility BP has we can get it done. Any pointers or tips or code is greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
- The topic ‘Using Buddypress messaging in a unique way’ is closed to new replies.