When Asking for Support
Please try to supply answers to the following questions.
1. Which version of WordPress are you running?
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version?
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
6. Which version of BP are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones?
9. Are you using a standard WordPress theme or customized theme?
10. Which theme do you use ?
11. Have you modified the core files in any way?
12. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
13. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
14. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files. https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress
15. Which company provides your hosting?
16. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else?
17. Which BP Theme are you using?
18. Have you overloaded any BuddyPress template files.
19. Any other site customisations that might have a bearing on the issue?
20. What BP Template Pack is activated in your installation? You will see that under Dashboard > Settings > BuddyPress – Options page.
Basic Trouble Shooting:
Before posting your question please run some essential trouble shooting.
These steps are essential to correctly identifying where the issue might lie and it’s essential that they are done in advance of any questions being raised, also running a search on keywords related to your issue might return previous threads that could help.
1. Identifying whether you have a theme issue: Many issue are often custom theme related, it is important to determine if this is the case with your issue; to do this please activate a theme that is known to behave correctly with BuddyPress, that will be any theme that is in the default install from WP so choose either ‘twentysixteen, ‘twentyseventeen’ or a later one. Having activated one of these theme check again if you still have the same issue, if you haven’t then this tells us it’s theme related, and in the first instance you should contact the theme author for help. If no help is forthcoming from the theme author then certainly post a question on the BP help forum, but please bear in mind forum support is limited where third party themes are concerned.
3. BP Themes: Is the issue specific to the theme configured in Dashboard->Settings->BuddyPRess->Options?
Please do not post support requests nor comments here. Create a new topic. Thanks.
- The topic ‘When Asking for Support’ is closed to new replies.