Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Issue with Member Profiles Redirecting to Homepage

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Usually missing template files will cause something like this to happen.

Andy Bailey
    Participant

@commentluv

I have the same issue. Reverting back to 1.2.4.1 makes it work again.

denisjanis
    Participant

@denisjanis

Andy – how do you recommend reverting back to 1.2.4.1? I was able to find the .zip, did you just reinstall it over the 1.2.5 version?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@denisjanis If you need to revert you should just be able to download the old version from trac.buddypress.org and replace the files.

But, it would be awesome if we could try and figure out what’s causing it. Looks like you have a custom child theme, so it might be a plugin conflict or something.

denisjanis
    Participant

@denisjanis

Thanks. I reverted back for now until I have more time to debug and find the real issue.

Andy Bailey
    Participant

@commentluv

sorry @denisjanis, I didn’t see your reply. Look like you figured out overwriting the files with 1.2.41 works.

@Johnjamesjacoby, you’re right, I’m using a child theme. The default buddypress theme works fine.

I have the bp-follower plugin installed and using buddypress 1.25 breaks it. The menu items are still there but any notifications in the top menu bar getting clicked results in the redirect to homepage problem. It doesn’t happen with the default buddypress theme.

with buddypress 1.25 and my child theme, I can view domain.com/members/ no problem but trying anything after that wont, domain.com/members/andy/ wont work or domain.com/members/andy/followers

I tried adding a die(‘some message’) in the child themes /members/single/activity.php file but it didn’t have an effect, I tried in various other files and still couldn’t get it to die with my message showing so maybe it’s a redirect or rewrite rule that has changed in 1.25 that isn’t compatible with a command in the child theme?

I will continue to use 1.241 for now but it would be nice to get to the bottom of it.

rossagrant
    Participant

@rossagrant

@commentluv I’ve noticed with BP Followers that if you follow someone and then unfollow them before they clcik on the notification about the following that I get reverted back to the homepage. I expect this is because when the ‘follow’ is ‘unfollowed’ the template for the section that records the followers is removed therefore there is nothing to show. This results in a permanent notification that you can’t get rid of unless you go into the database.

Not sure if it has anything to do with the things you are experiencing?

Trader
    Participant

@xmleads

Hi, I did try to find the 1.2.41 version from trac.buddypress.org but can’t find it. Does somebody have a direct link to download it? thank you in advance.
    Philippe

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Zip Archive link at bottom of page https://trac.buddypress.org/browser/tags/1.2.4.1

Trader
    Participant

@xmleads

cool, got it, many thanks!

Andy Bailey
    Participant

@commentluv

@rossagrant I have tracked the problem down to a child theme function. The developer was actually the one who fixed it, it was due to removing some of the sub nav items.

all is good again now!

ChrisJK
    Participant

@cklosowski

@Andy_Bailey

Do you know what was changed in the developers theme sub nav items to get this to work correctly? I am running into this with my members and forums now.

eyg1
    Participant

@eyg1

i NEED HELP! CANT SEE MEMBERERS PROFILE PAGE, NOR WRITE ON THEIR WIRE. I HAVE A CUSTOM THEME MADE BY SOMEONE CAN ANYONE PLS PROVIDE ME WITH SOME ASSISTACE PLS.

I’m having several issues with the members page. The pagination redirects back to the /members page. The profile pages redirect to the homepage. The “All members” link directly links to the homepage. I’m having one heck of a time tracking down the issue.

onlinegames

@onlinegames

I found out that if your theme is not correctly set as “Child theme” of buddy press, it will produce
    this error. After you make your theme BP child theme go to admin panel and activate it again (even if it’s activated).
    Good luck!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Issue with Member Profiles Redirecting to Homepage’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar