Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

PLEASE- BP ALBUMS, CANNOT CROP IMAGES

• Tekuan Coleman

@tekuan-coleman

This is becoming a difficult issue. users cannot crop images it just shows the image and it’s cropped version but there is no cropping tool and a lot of people are dissatisfied with their images…please help this has been post many times

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • what browser are you using?

its working for me in FFox 3.6

Tekuan Coleman

@tekuan-coleman

im using firefox as well.

Tekuan Coleman

@tekuan-coleman

i’ve also tested it in IE and chrome

check in FFox if your javascript is turned on
    Tools -> Options -> Content -> and check if the “Enable Javascript” is checked.

Tekuan Coleman

@tekuan-coleman

yes it is….this is happening for every user on all browsers

ya i just checked it in 4 different browsers with the “javascript” off and the crop doesnt show up, but if its enabled it should be working fine…

Tekuan Coleman

@tekuan-coleman

when i go to chang avatar it will show the image, it shows the already cropped image but doesnt allow a user or anyone to crop the image…can you look @ my site a see for a better understanding plz

http://www.sob-s.com

Tekuan Coleman

@tekuan-coleman

ive added the members widget s you can see the images and you can sign in to see how the crop tool is not working

sure i’ll take a look at it right now.

ok, ya, i see what your talking about…

you also have a header issue when clicking on the activation link from the email… idk if you were aware of that or not?

Xevo
    Participant

@xevo

Which of the 2 plugins are you referring too?
    Bp media or Brajesh’s one?

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@xevo it’s probably BP Media nee BP Album+, not Brajesh’s BP Gallery

how come i didnt have to download these and mine works fine???

never heard of these plugins either. The cropping should just be stock with the buddypess install no?

Tekuan Coleman

@tekuan-coleman

i wouldve supposed so..but evidently there is something wrong. Im suspecting it’s P and not my theme im also having an issue with “group creation”. im using a suffusion theme and it’s suffusion BP template pack.

Xevo
    Participant

@xevo

You mean the avatars in the BuddyPress core? Thats different then the plugins.

You should see if others have your problem and make a ticket if your the first on the trac.

Tekuan Coleman

@tekuan-coleman

it wont allow users to crop there image. http://www.sob-s.com

i saw a post earlier about the same issues there were a few people….how do i make a ticket..this is bothering people and i need it resolved

Tekuan Coleman

@tekuan-coleman

dont know how but it suddenly works…deactivated and deleted all “bp” media tools (albums+ easy albums etc)

Moral of the story? Always test with plugins and custom themes deactivated, this identifies whether it is a custom theme or third party plugin that is causing the issue and helps prevent confusion with people searching for bugs or issues with the BP core app.

foxly
    Participant

@foxly

@xevo
    @hnla

Installing a bunch of random, partially finishedplug-ins on top of BuddyPress installation can have truly bizarre effects.
    Test plugins *one at a time*.

^F^

Tekuan Coleman

@tekuan-coleman

thank you…but know i have no albums link in the BP menu, lol….and im scared to get 1. is there an alternative to this problm i can fix for users to be able to upload and share photos, videos, and audio?

thank you all again sorry for my lack of experience im trying to learn more as we speak

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘PLEASE- BP ALBUMS, CANNOT CROP IMAGES’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar