Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Sitewide Forum BUG – WP v3.3.1 + BP v1.5.3.1 + bbPress v2.0.2

• neosin
    Participant

@neosin

If you choose Sitewide Forum as your forum option, you do not get a menu link to your forum.

If I select to install Sitewide Forums for Buddypress, it presents a popup window to install bbPress as a plugin in wordpress.
    This works great, however, there is no setting saved in BP to let it know that I have installed bbPress after installing it from the popup, therefore WP knows I have the bbPress plugin installed but BP does not. Since BP is serving the menu, it is not showing the Forums menu link.

I need to know how to enable the Forum menu link because it wont show up even though I have forums. The Forums page is alive and I can visit the URL for it but the menu refuses to show it.

The only way I can get the Forums link to show up is if I choose Group based forums and I do not want this.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

== If you choose Sitewide Forum as your forum option, you do not get a menu link to your forum. ==
    You create one in custom menu. What theme are you using?.

== If I select to install Sitewide Forums for Buddypress, it presents a popup window to install bbPress as a plugin in wordpress. ==
    That’s the way it’s done.

Have you read this: https://codex.buddypress.org/getting-started/installing-group-and-sitewide-forums/

neosin
    Participant

@neosin

@mercime

==You create one in custom menu. What theme are you using?.
    default BP them

The menu “Forum” link only shows up if you install “group forums”.

The instructions on the page you gave are misleading because the screenshots for configuration (Step 9) show a menu link to the forums, when in reality there is no such menu link.

Perhaps since you say I need to create a menu to access the forums, this should be included in the instructions page.

Here’s an actual bug — the “Uninstall Group Forums” button doesn’t actually do anything. The buttons to install the group forums appear after the process of removing them seems to have been complete, but the group forums still exist. Also, if you go back to admin.php?page=bb-forums-setup, the “Uninstall Group Forums” button will have reappeared..

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

== The instructions on the page you gave are misleading because the screenshots for configuration (Step 9) show a menu link to the forums, when in reality there is no such menu link. ==

@neosin It was not meant to mislead, I added the links in my custom menu including that of the sitewide forums before I even created the tutorial. Tutorial has been edited with instruction to add the link to the sitewide forums in custom menu. Thanks.

@dgodot You have to delete the bb-config.php file created when you installed group forums https://codex.buddypress.org/getting-started/installing-group-and-sitewide-forums/4/#uninstall-forums.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Sitewide Forum BUG – WP v3.3.1 + BP v1.5.3.1 + bbPress v2.0.2’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar