Categories
Search
Bottom

Uninstalling BP

• neil
    Participant

@elgorrion

Hi,
    I have de-activated BP afer struggling to get it to work on a MU install; (I had Admin Bar Mods, Backwards Compatibilty, Template Pack all installed but couldn’t get the admin bar to work – links like edit profile just sent me back to homepage.)
    Also I suspect my hosting isn’t up to it!
    Now I need to get my blog back into the root, as BP seemed to move it into /blog/ subdir.
    What files do I remove or edit?
    Thanks

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

“BP seemed to move it into /blog/ subdir.”
    BuddyPress did not move anything in your installation, even If you defined BP elsewhere than main blog,

Backup database, deactivate BP and BP-dependent plugins, then go to your database and delete around 15 tables with : yourprefix_bp_componentname

If you need to move WP to root, https://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress – as always, back up your database before attempting the move

neil
    Participant

@elgorrion

So is that a default off MU to install in a /blog/ subdir ?

neil
    Participant

@elgorrion

THanks

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

“So is that a default off MU to install in a /blog/ subdir”
    No, you might have unpacked MU to the /blog/ subdir. I upload WPMU files and folders in root.

neil
    Participant

@elgorrion

I didn’t create that /blog/ subdir, and I know I installed MU in the root, so trying to figure what happened
    I’m sure I saw sth in the BP docs about it moving stuff to /blogs
    To clarify, if I type in my domain the blog is there ok, but if I click on a post title I get domain.com/blog/posttitle
    I originally set permalinks to custom /%postname%; now there is the prefix /blog outside the editable box.- same for catgory and tag base

I got it! I found the menu to edit permalink structure in MU – it’s not in the settings menu, but in Super Admin – Sites – Edit
    I know I didn’t change it, so something I installed must have done it, if not BP then possibly the category mapping plugin

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

“so something I installed must have done it, if not BP “
    I assure you, definitely not BP :-)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Uninstalling BP’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar