Categories
Search
Bottom

Getting Fatal Errors while Installing buddypress on WordPress single user

• balukorrapati
    Participant

@balukorrapati

Hi,

We are using wordpress single user for our website. We need to enhance our site by integrating buddypress.

I have installed buddypress, bp template pack and other buddypress related plugins on my local machine using wamp server. It is working fine.

But when I am doing this on Production server it is giving fatal error:

Warning: require_once(wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-cores.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in wp-contentpluginsbuddypressbp-loader.php on line 19

I have modified bp-core/bp-core-adminbar.php page only.

I have checked the files in my folder. I am seeing all files.

Please suggest me the solution for this.

I need this badly. Please help me..

Thanks,
    Balakrishna

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Jeff Sayre
    Participant

@jeffsayre

First of all, we may need more information. If what I suggest below does not resolve your issue, then please answer these questions: https://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-troubleshooting/forum/topic/when-asking-for-support/

The error message that you have posted is strange. BuddyPress does not have a file called bp-cores.php. You mentioned that you made some file modifications. Did you open up the file bp-loader.php? I would look in that file on line 19 to see if you accidentally added an “s” to bp-core. Line 19 should read:

require_once( WP_PLUGIN_DIR . '/buddypress/bp-core.php' );

If you see that there is an “s” but you are sure that you did not change it yourself, I would suggest deactivating then deleting BuddyPress. Then redownload BuddyPress and reinstall. Make sure your are downloading BuddyPress from this site

Finally, when trying to debug BuddyPress, always use the default theme and deactivate all other plugins. You need to isolate what is happening within BuddyPress.

balukorrapati
    Participant

@balukorrapati

Thanks for the reply. Please find the answers below.
    1. Which version of WP/MU are you running?
    —I am using WP2.9.1
    2. Did you install WP/MU as a directory or subdomain install?
    — As a directory
    3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
    —-it is in root
    4. Did you upgraded from a previous version of WP/MU? If so, from which version?
    —No
    5. Was WP/MU functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
    —Yes
    6. Which version of BP are you running?
    —1.2.3
    7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
    — No
    8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated?
    — I am using some other plugins for WP and BuddyPress
    9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
    —I am using my existing WP theme and used bp_template_pack plugin and modified css in my theme
    10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
    —- I have modified bp_adminbar.php to include some links
    11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
    —No
    12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
    — I have installed bbPress through admin panel
    13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
    14. Which company provides your hosting?
    —GoDaddy

Please suggest me on this as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Balukorrapati

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Getting Fatal Errors while Installing buddypress on WordPress single user’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar