displaying forums in bp 1.2.3, can't get it to work
I’ve got the following setup:
They all work, bp and bbp appear to be integrated – you can move from one to the other seemlessly, bp users appear in the bbp list – but I cannot get the forums page in bp to work.
– if I try and create a topic there is no group in the drop down
– I tried (eventually) to disable and re-enable the group discussion field, but when saving it as enabled I got a blank screen. Going back to the page after the event it appears enabled, but still no group in the drop down when posting a topic
– I’ve tried to create new group from scratch, but if the ‘enable discussion forum’ is checked I get a blank screen; if it is not checked I can proceed
– new topics posted on bp go into thin air once posted, nothing shows in bp or bbp
– posts created in bbp seem to work fine but do not show in bp (not sure that they should if done directly?)
Research shows a possible(?) need for buddypress-enable.php but this seems to be for older versions?
– bbp is in a sub-directory of bp
– bp and bbp use separate databases
I think I may have to start from scratch (the forums page in bp no longer displays at all) but I’d like to know where I am going wrong before I have to start again.
The topic ‘displaying forums in bp 1.2.3, can't get it to work’ is closed to new replies.