Showing members of private groups to non-members
Is there, or could there be, a way to display members of a group to non-members?
On Facebook, for instance, invite-only groups are still accessible by non-members who can see anyone that has been accepted into the group.
The three different group settings (public, private and hidden) are good but they lack flexibility.
I think it\’d be much better to have a range of settings, such as;
- Anyone can see this group | Only invitees can see this group
- Anyone can join this group | Only invitees can join this group
- Members can invite others | Only admins can invite others
- Allow non-members to see group wire
- Allow non-members to see group form
- Allow non-members to see members
- Anyone can write on this group\’s wire | Only members can write on the wire
- Anyone can post on the group forum | Only members can post
This would allow much more freedom for group/site admins.
What does everyone else think?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.