Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress forums / sidebar. Need Help Please! :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@jonobradley you would have to download the BP template files transferred to your active WP theme.
    Then, manually super-impose the HTML structure of your theme’s onto said BP template files
    After which, upload revised files to your theme folder in server
    Some helpful hints at https://codex.buddypress.org/theme-development/bp-template-pack-walkthrough-level-easy-2/

@mercime

Thanks for the advice. I’ve tried it out and I’ve hit a few road blocks.

page.php has nothing in it other than:

`<?php setup_pagelines_template();`

So I’ve gone into index.php to get the structure and I have this (as the page says I should):

`

`

However there is no div id footer tags. After all `

` for the content and container comes these tags:

`
    `

That structure is the same throughout the 13 files the webpage tells me to edit. I am edit the top tags so they look like:

`

`

But because I can take the sidebar part out it does nothing for the page.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks,

Jono

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Yes, I suggest that you check Platform Pro theme forums or documentation and see whether the theme lives up to the “buddypress” tag, which should include at the very least providing the markup necessary to use on BP template pack files – 2 col or 3 col per your choice.

I checked the free version in WP theme repo and content of index.php contains basically the same `setup_pagelines_template();` so you can’t tell till you look at page source code online and then eliminate the header and footer markups to find out which markup you need for the BP template files – which can be overwhelming for many.

@mercime

Hey,

I’m sorry- you’ve confused me a good deal with that last post. Anyway you can explain in more “lamens terms”? :D

Thanks,

Jono

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@jonobradley two points mainly:

1. Platform theme should not have been tagged buddypress at all. I agree with Boone – https://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-troubleshooting/forum/topic/cant-get-to-bp-from-wp/#post-100830

2. As to the HTML part. Since you want to use that theme, you would have to check theme’s
    – header.php (from up to what HTML tag is covered by this file) and
    – footer.php ( from what HTML tag to closing is covered by this file) then
    – look at source code of your site online, copy it and delete HTML covered by header.php then delete HTML covered by footer.php
    – delete content area and what remains is the markup you will be using to impose on BP template pack files transferred to your active WP theme folder in server.

Since theme author has deigned to tag his theme as “buddypress” he should provide documentation on how it could truly be BuddyPress-compatible.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘bbpress forums / sidebar. Need Help Please! :)’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar