Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Private Messaging, PRofile View, Add friend, Not working.

• joelito18

@joelito18

I got wordpress 3.1
    Buddypress 1.2.8
    Hosted under Yahoo web hosting.

ARe there other stuffs I need to install or configure? BUddypress defaults enables private messaging and accepting friend requests.

When I try to create a message, or click the message link. the page redirect me to members directory.

When i try to view or edit my own profile or others profile, still redirect to members directory.

When I try to add friend. The other person receives notification. but click it will only redirect to members directory. Clicking the notification on the admin bar will just redirect to member’s directory as well

I thought things will be easy install.

this a fresh install. I installed wordpress 3.0.5 from Yahoo web hosting. Then it said new version is available i upgraded it to 3.1

Then I installed plugins. buddypress 1.2.8

use the default buddypress theme.

Yahoo saves all the files in the blog folder (wp-admin, wp-content, wp-includes).

Buddypress folder was automatically saved or installed under wp-content/plugins

By default everything is enable, private messaging, extended profile and friend connections. I didnt change any settings.

There is a link for these features on the admin bar but the messages, profiles and friend connections will just redirect me to members directory. Although the address on the link shows the proper link to messages, profiles.

All my other users are Author

here is the link http://www.irn.net.au

you can log-in with username: guest password:guest – user role is subscriber

Thanks guys in advance.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘Private Messaging, PRofile View, Add friend, Not working.’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar