Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Want to rename BuddyPress and BP Album+ Tab Menu from Media

• I have WP 3.0, BP 1.2.5 and BP Album+ installed, all working great.
    However, users have commented that they didn’t realise Media was actually Photos (I have foreign users whose English is not up to Media).

Does anyone know how I can change Media to Photos? I’ve found most places, by the main Navigation Tab in the members home page still says Media and for the life of me I can’t find where it’s set!

Thank you!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• techguy
    Participant

@crashutah

I think BP Album+ has a language file. Can’t you just change the language file and it will change it everywhere? I should also note that in future versions there planning to add videos and other media. So, that’s probably why they used media instead of photos or something.

Yeah, certainly looks like they are by the code, but for now Photos would be cleaner. Language file has everything in, but not the Word on the Tab :(

Simon Goodchild

@simongoodchild

I had a cryptic answer to this that any tab can be changed (user was ‘Foxy’ I think), but he didn’t say how, just to come to these forums :(

So hoping he’s here and can provide an answer!

foxly
    Participant

@foxly

For version 0.1.9 nightly builds, the option is located in BP Album -> Plugin Settings -> Page Slugs -> Base Slug

Change it. Click save. Done.

Thanks!

^F^

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Want to rename BuddyPress and BP Album+ Tab Menu from Media’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar