Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

404 Error On ‘Favorite’ Button

• djwinner
    Participant

@djwinner

Using WordPress 3.3.2, BP 2.0.2 and a theme using default bpress styling and pretty much everything is working except I am getting a 404 error any time the ‘Favorite’ button is selected. Have gone through the usual permalinks, plugins testing, etc and that doesn’t seem to be the issue. The link works fine in the default theme so maybe it is the custom theme I am using? The author has yet to get back to me on this issue and I am getting desperate!! Any help would greatly be appreciated!!

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

I saw this happen with a theme submitted to the WP theme repo. If it’s the same theme, the theme author would have the solution by now.

djwinner
    Participant

@djwinner

This theme is different and the author, while usually very responsive has gone black. Very frustrating. Anybody have an idea what may be causing this break??

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

== This theme is different and the author, while usually very responsive has gone black ==
    We are not mind readers here. Please either name the theme or give site uri, and we’ll let you know if we can help you.

djwinner
    Participant

@djwinner

Theme is called Game Portal (theme forest) Here is current Dev URL: http://www.winnermediadev.com
    Test User Login: test Password: test123

Thanks!

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Open up your custom BP theme’s /activity/entry.php file, copy all, post to pastebin.com and paste the generated pastebin.com url here. I want to see if it’s the same issue as the other theme I saw. If not, then it’s up to the theme author to resolve this.

djwinner
    Participant

@djwinner

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Looks more like AJAX issue.

djwinner
    Participant

@djwinner

Ok sooo keep hitting up theme author??

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@djwinner Yes, you should hit up the theme author. You paid for a theme that’s supposed to be compatible with BP 1.5.5 per documentation, you deserve a theme which have all parts working.

djwinner
    Participant

@djwinner

Thanks, he responded back and is working on it.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@djwinner Good for you :-)

djwinner
    Participant

@djwinner

OK so now I just got this message from theme author: “I do understand that you have a site lunch today but it looks like the issue is on buddypress end :( Submitted a support ticket.”

Problem still not resolved and I am getting two different stories from each side. We need to launch today but can’t with this issue. Tempted to disable. How can I go about doing that in the code??

djwinner
    Participant

@djwinner

Hey @mercime can you please look into this and let me know how to proceed?? I am stuck between a rock and hard place with the theme author and software developers playing the blame game. Just need this resolved so we can launch the site. Thanks.

djwinner
    Participant

@djwinner

sigh…since the client insisted on having site launch now I was forced to disable entire activity stream to get around this favorite 404 issue since the other options involved some pretty intense hacking which I don’t quite have the skills for. Hoping you guys can figure it out so I can switch it back on. Thanks!

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@djwinner didn’t get your notification. You can still enable your Activity Stream by removing lines 57 – 69 (the codes for favorite/remove-favorite) per http://pastebin.com/xkSrPSUd

djwinner
    Participant

@djwinner

Which file is this in again??

djwinner
    Participant

@djwinner

Nevermind…duh. entry.php

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

/activity/entry.php — make a copy for backup then delete the lines in original entry.php

djwinner
    Participant

@djwinner

Worked for now! Would like to have that functionality so we will see what the author figures out. Thanks!

I have the same issue with the favorite button (using BP Template pack), when I replace the text button with an image. I think, it’s a problem with the AJAX code, but I can’t figure out, what needs to be changed in the JS – I suspect it’s because of the DOM traversal ending at a wrong element.

I have the exact same problem too. Hopefully someone can find a fix. Scratching my head on this one.

Does the source code need a special ID for Ajax to run?

BobQuentok
    Participant

@bobquentok

I have the same problem! But only with Firefox. :/

I’m using Chrome, so I don’t have this problem, but a few of my users using firefox.

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Error On ‘Favorite’ Button’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar