Categories
Search
Bottom

Automatically joining to a group

• nathan12343
    Participant

@nathan12343

Hi,

I have a wordpress site with about 400 members that I have just added buddypress to. I really need to add all of the members to one or two of the newly form groups. Ideally to I would be able to create a friendship or two programmatically as well. I’ve looked for a plugin that will do this but can’t see anything. Is there a query that I could run through mySQL that would do the trick – I can find the IDs of the groups I want them to join, I just need to know how to get the table to create the rows (not done anything directly in a database since MS Access 2003!!, but willing to give it a shot.)

Many thanks

Nathan

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• nathan12343
    Participant

@nathan12343

Is there a MySQL forum site that someone could recommend that I ask this? Occurs to me that it might be better to ask the question somewhere else! Thanks.

techguy
    Participant

@crashutah

Run through the member loop on an admin page or something and then add each member in the loop to the group using the group_join_group (or something close to that). You can also add a friend request that way too. I can’t remember the add_friend function, but it’s in the invite anyone plugin if you look in that forum.

twodeuces
    Participant

@twodeuces

You can also use the BuddyPress Auto Group Join Plugin

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

twodeuces
    Participant

@twodeuces

While adding members to the group this way will physically add them to the group, the group meta data will also need to be adjusted. For example the number of members in the group will need to be updated. Be careful not to double add a user into a group.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Automatically joining to a group’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar