Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BP Member Filters was just Updated…how do we use it?

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• gaysurfers
    Participant

@gaysurfers

1 Upload bp-member-filter.php to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
    2 Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
    3 Add a form to your members/index.php or some other file (See: http://pastebin.com/bw0suXwe )
    4 Smile

Thanks @gaysurfers, that pastebin link is working !

Now, can’t still figure how this works…

gaysurfers
    Participant

@gaysurfers

Same here!
    I have installed it, copied the form to members/index.php
    All it did was create a submit button + “by name” next to search
    Wasn’t it supposed to add filters with my x-profile fields to filter the search?

Psyber
    Participant

@psyber

This is major for me, I gots to know.

Submitting the form doesn’t seem to actually filter the results. Anyone have this working or know what we’re doing wrong?

chopo87
    Participant

@chopo87

Trying to revive this forum because the answer to it is really important. As apcjohn, Submitting the form is not enough. There must be a function to generate the result based on the form submission that must be called. And I’m to much of a PHP n00b to figure out which one it is from reeding through the source-code.

Psyber
    Participant

@psyber

I need help with this as well. I have another plugin that relied on the old member filter, and now both do not function. My website is really failing without them. :-(

chopo87
    Participant

@chopo87

@psyber Under what version of BuddyPress and BP Member Filters did you manage to get your site working? What code did you paste into members/index.php to get it working?

Psyber
    Participant

@psyber

@chopo87 It was 1.2.1 and even then it was only that I had a custom plugin developed for my site that relied on the Member Filter Plugin. I have never seen the Member Filter Plugin in action and performing as it should.

chopo87
    Participant

@chopo87

@psyber Thanks for the info. Would you mind publishing your code? I would be really grateful if it is not to inconvenient. I don’t mean formally, just a link to an ASCII file or a .zip file on a file sharing site or something would be really cool.

Psyber
    Participant

@psyber

It doesn’t work any more, and I don’t think I will be able to find the code since that was a few versions ago. Even then, the member filter was not being fully used. I am pretty pissed because I paid to have the plugin developed for my site, and it relied on the member filter which no longer works.

chopo87
    Participant

@chopo87

Why don’t you roll your version of buddy-press back to the one that supported the plugin? At least you get some functionality.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘BP Member Filters was just Updated…how do we use it?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar