Categories
Search
Bottom

Buddypress free child themes not working

• bgrun80
    Participant

@bgrun80

Hey all,

For some reason the Buddypress free custom child themes are not working.

I downloaded all of them and then activated one after another in the themes menu of my dashboard…
    For some reason, about half of them wigged out and did crazy stuff, as if the CSS was all faulty or something

Does anyone have any ideas?

Btw, Happy New Year! =)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Andrea Rennick
    Participant

@andrea_r

There’s not enough details here to troubleshoot anything.

Free custom child themes from where? The repo? They all have different authors.

Have they each been updated for the latest version of BuddyPress? (I know for sure two have not.)

Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

The CSS from buddypress is not broken, more like you not doing something correctly. Did you call the default.CSS?

modemlooper

@modemlooper

Just a heads up. Most of the child themes probably wont work 100% with 1.2.7 version of BP because the default theme is missing things the child themes rely on and the theme reviewers in the WP repo are rejecting child themes because BP default is considered broken on their end.

If BP-default was added as a theme to the WP repo and not a via a plugin it would not pass the theme reviewers. But, theme reviewers test child themes based on this theme thats bundled with a plugin.

Hopefully the default theme gets fixed by the next version.

bgrun80
    Participant

@bgrun80

Worked it out.

I put the child themes in the bp-themes folder.

Placed them in the plugins/buddypress/bp-themes folder, when I should have put them in
    wp-content/themes.

They look like they’re working ok now.
    Thanks for the help.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Buddypress free child themes not working’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar