Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can I add a “Send Private Message” button to the list of Members within a Group?

• In the list of all of the Members of a single Group, I’m trying to add a “Send Private Message” button, like the one that appears on a the Member Profile page.

Is this possible? Can anybody recommend how I would do so?

I’d also like to add the most recent status update for each member within the same list. Is that possible?

Thank you.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• danbpfr
    Participant

@chouf1

To prevent spam, the fonctionnality you want to use is not avaible. You can see tthe function in bp-messages-templatetags.php:522

Anyway you can add a button, which opens the send message page, but you need to add manually the user name.

Open from your_child_theme/groups/single/members.php
    and add the function ` ` in the place you want.

You can also learn to your user to use the profile page of their contact to send them a private massage.
    The number of click to do this is the same i think.

It’s your choice ;)

Thank you for your response, Chouf1. Creating a button to link to the page from where they can send a private message is exactly what I was trying to do.

Do you have any idea whether there’s a way to implement this so that they don’t have to manually enter the user name once they arrive at that screen?

It seems like it might be doable with a second version of the bp_send_message_button() function that has been revised to accept the username as a parameter. I can tinker with the idea, but I thought I’d put it out there in case somebody knows whether or not there are any reason why this idea wouldn’t work.

Thank you.

drwebsitein, did you ever find a solution to this? im looking to implement a similar feature, and need to pass in the username.

i’m trying to do this, too! great idea! if anyone comes up with any solutions, that’d be killer

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Can I add a “Send Private Message” button to the list of Members within a Group?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar