Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Help!! Fatal error: Class ‘BP_Group_Extension’ not found in plugin buddypress-group-css

• Steve Ford
    Participant

@privateenglishportal

Hi All,

I was on my Admin dashboard for my wordpress 3.0.5 + buddypress page and when I tried to ‘disable’ the groups option in the Admin section, I sent my entire site offline with the following message:

Fatal error: Class ‘BP_Group_Extension’ not found in /home/privatee/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-group-css/bp-group-css.php on line 81

Through FTP, I tried to re-upload the buddypress-group-css plugin over top the one in question, but no such luck.

For now my site is under maintenance.
    http://privateenglishportal.com

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• aces
    Participant

@aces

If you rename the plugin folder buddypress-group-css or delete it then then wordpress will deactivate it so you should be able to get back into the admin dashboard…

Steve Ford
    Participant

@privateenglishportal

will try this…………….thanks for responding!!!!!!!

Steve Ford
    Participant

@privateenglishportal

I deleted it and am in the control panel………………will try to re-install plugin…crossing my fingers….

Steve Ford
    Participant

@privateenglishportal

OK…..I have my website back. At least now I can try to figure out how to restore groups on the page :)

Toggling them back on in the component settings (where you turned them off) should restore everything without any data loss.

It’s probably a good idea if you contact the author of this plugin to tell them their plugin shouldn’t be crashing the site if someone disables groups :)

gordielachance

@gordielachance

Got the same one in here.
    Fresh install (BP 1.5-beta-2 + WP3.2.1); while trying to enable my own plugin (Your Classified Ads).
    Groups component IS enabled.
    Maybe it does this because no groups have been created yet ?

+ how can I check that the groups component is enabled ? Is there a function for this ? Thanks !

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

@gordielachance How are you loading the group extension? Are you using register_group_extension()? Where are you calling it? It’s probably just happening too early in the loading process.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Help!! Fatal error: Class ‘BP_Group_Extension’ not found in plugin buddypress-group-css’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar