Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to make sure the admin bar is allways on top.

• Hans
    Participant

@hanss

Hi,

I couldn’t find any answer to this question, so I’ll drop it here.

I’m creating a new website using a theme which wasn’t buddypress compatible. So I performed the buddypress templatepack thing, and most things worked fine after it.

But…

The admin bar isn’t clickable anymore regarding the items underbeneath the header section in the theme. Does anyone know how to make sure the clickable area’s of the admin bar are allways on top of other things?

If I scroll down, and don’t see the header section anymore, everything is clickable and fine. So it’s a problem with the div id=”header” part in the template.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

Sounds like a z-index problem. These things can be very tricky to solve even when you have the code in front of you, much less when you’re flying blind like I am :), but here are some things to look at:
    – Look in the stylesheet of your theme to see if the header has a z-index set. If so, try lowering it.
    – Make sure that everything you’re trying to layer (both the header and the admin bar) are explicitly positioned in the stylesheet.

Hans
    Participant

@hanss

Thnx for your answer! I also figured out that it’s most likely to be the z-index. But now how to change it, because I can see it when I look at the webpage using Firebug(for Firefox). But it isn’t there in the stylesheet or the page itself…

When I look at the CSS in Firebug, I only see this:

element.style {
    z-index:410;
    }

But it doesn’t tell where I can find it.

Now I’m reading further on the internet, I saw this, saying that it has to do something with jquery: http://drupal.org/node/229348

Is there any way I can edit this? Why is it in the jquery javascript files?

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

To the best of my knowledge, there is no place in the bp-default javascript where z-index would be overwritten or affected. Are you using a child of bp-default, or the BuddyPress Template Pack, or something totally custom? Is there a link you can share?

Hans
    Participant

@hanss

Hi Boone, you can find the project here.

Thnx for your help!

Hans
    Participant

@hanss

Does anyone know how I can make the adminbar show up normally?

Hans
    Participant

@hanss

Anyone? :(

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘How to make sure the admin bar is allways on top.’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar