Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to move BuddyPress installation?

• I installed WP and BP in a subdomain so I could install edit and test it behind the scenes with a few of my regular users. Can I move this the same way I would move WP out of a subdomain without any issues, or should I be doing this a special way because of BP?
    The only thread I found on this is almost 2 years old, and the link that is supposed to have the answer is broken.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• techguy
    Participant

@crashutah

If you want to move it to a new server. You can move it just like WordPress. If you mean that you want to move it from a subdomain to the main domain (or something like that), then you must be a very brave person to do that. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but I haven’t seen any easy ways to do it. BP relies heavily on the URL structure and changing that after the fact is problematic.

Well, thanks for the info. Really wish I chose a better sub directory lol.

duramatters
    Participant

@duramatters

Follow up: Were you able to move it? I am in a similar boat.

Micheal Kennedy
    Participant

@intermike

Yeah, I’m about to move mine as well. Did it work alright for you? How’d you do it?

alfredojp
    Participant

@alfredojp

Really all you have to do is move the folders and files and the wp database that backs it and then you update the settings in the wp-config.php file

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How to move BuddyPress installation?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar