Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Invite Friends by Giovanni (not working properly)

• dwpers
    Participant

@dwpers

I’ve updated to the latest version of the BP Invite plug-in Version 0.8 | By Giovanni Caputo and no matter what option I use, GMAIL, Facebook, Yahoo, etc… I put the addresses in and it invites the email address from my set address without prompting me to login via any of the services I select and the recipient does indeed receive the invite.

So right now it’s functioning as a simple email inviter without working with the different services. I have my API’s setup with their application codes and secret keys properly as they are listed as green on the settings page and should thus be functional.

Any ideas as to why this is happening and has anyone come to this problem and fixed it?

Im on BP 1.13

Thanks

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Giovanni Caputo
    Participant

@giocaputo

I am not testing my plug in on new version of bp. I will fix it on nexts months. Now i am so busy.

Sorry

@dwpers

When I activate the plugin, my whole site goes blank. What have you done to make it working till the point where normal email invites can be sent?

dwpers
    Participant

@dwpers

@Giovanni

Thank you, no rush, I can be patient :).

@ashfame

I don’t remember it was so long ago, but I have since disabled it.

@Giovanni any update available now? I just used Invite Friends plug-in here http://talkpian.com/wordpress/ and getting Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_core_add_subnav_item() in /home/talkpian/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/invitefriends-plug-in/bp-invitefriends.php on line 49
    I’m using wordpress 2.9.2 with buddybress Version 1.2.3 …
    please help if you have some solution…

Ehegwer
    Participant

@ehegwer

I’m getting the same error :
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_core_add_subnav_item() in /wp-content/plugins/invitefriends-plug-in/bp-invitefriends.php on line 49

I’m running the latest
    wp 3.0.1
    BP 1.2.5.2

would love to see a fix

Ehegwer
    Participant

@ehegwer

I can get the plugin to activate without throwing an error by changing line 49 :

bp_core_new_subnav_item( $bp->friends->slug , __(‘InviteFriends’), __(‘Invite Friends’),

but I’m having a bugger of a time with the rest.

ewebber
    Participant

@ewebber

I’m getting an error that just makes my whole site blank – Does anyone know of another way of allowing users to invite people by twitter?

@Giovanni hi,
    I had a problem with Invite Friends plugin. My WPMU admin was messed up. Whenever users were trying to create a post or page on their blogs the Css was loading wrong or giving wrong outputs.

After disabling the plugin everything went ok.

I hope you consider checking that out.

Thanks

@ risi hi, this plugin has not been updated since 2009, and we dont know whats going on with Giovanni who owns the plugin as all effort to contact hin proved abortive. i have used the plugin before but i got error relating to Zend so i removed it which is what i will Advice u to do for now. i think some guru will look into it may be they can write something similar. but you can also use Invite anyone plugin, which is what am currently using but u have to input email manually. here is the link

https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/invite-anyone/

regards

I have use this plugin.this plugin import the gmail contact but when I select the yahoo it give this message.

You have not signed on using Yahoo yet
    Click here to authorize on Yahoo

I have enter the APPID and SECRET key but it’s not work
    can anybody help me??

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Invite Friends by Giovanni (not working properly)’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar