Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Is BuddyPress the right choice?

• iamavase
    Participant

@iamavase

Greetings all. Nice to be in this inernet community. I was building a community website where people can: upload and share reports, illustrations and documents and be able to; comment on each others; and have their own space. It does not seem that Buddypress has an extensive upload capability..is this correct or is there a way I can make it work? Thank you I like the software, or should I try a differnt one for my needs.

brokenvessel

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• techguy
    Participant

@crashutah

You’ll want to check out this plugin: https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/buddypress-group-documents/ I think it will do what you want.

We have a website built using wordpress (cacv.ca) – I was hoping the social networking part could be a separate tab so all that we currently have up would remain as is. Is that possible?

iamavase
    Participant

@iamavase

@ techguy whooopie I am so excited :) thank you for your prompt feedback! Now to figure out how to make it beautiful like all of the pages out there.

@marybennett is your question directed to someone else? I am new and would not venture to guess. Hope you get an answer, sounds like an novel approach :)

Does Buddypress require WPMU. I am having issues with the registration options plugin as it does not activate.

techguy
    Participant

@crashutah

@mloya
    BP does not require WPMU anymore. However, some plugins do requires WPMU. I’d check with the plugin author about your problem.

iamavase
    Participant

@iamavase

@marybenett after looking at some videos the following link which discusses the idea of a separate section using buddyPress, where the majority of the website is standard. She does not address the idea of a tab specifically, but hopefully it could add insight to your query.

The presenter, Lisa-Sabin WIlson discusses it at the end of her presentation, which was given at WordCamp NYC 2009
    here is the link:

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Is BuddyPress the right choice?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar