Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Making Your Theme BuddyPress Compatible

• For the life of me I can not find exactly what it is I have to copy from page.php to the buddypress skin.

At the end of the installation it says to:

“[HEADER]

[PAGE CONTENT]

[FOOTER]

This is the code inside my /activity/index.php :

`

• <a href="” title=””>
    • <a href="” title=””>
    • <a href="” title=””>
    • <a href="” title=””><?php printf( __( 'My Favorites (%s)’, ‘buddypress’ ), bp_get_total_favorite_count_for_user( bp_loggedin_user_id() ) ) ?>
    • <a href="” title=””>

`

This is my page.php as the instructions with the buddypress theme compatibility package says to use.

`

<div id=”post-“>

ID ) ): ?>

‘.__(‘Pages:’, ‘framework’).’ ‘, ‘after’ => ‘

‘, ‘next_or_number’ => ‘number’)); ?>

`

Please if some one with CSS experience and BuddyPress themes can take a few minutes and show me what code I need to copy from my page.php and change in the index.php this would be awsome as then I can use that to make the changes in the rest of the files.

* /activity/index.php
    * /blogs/index.php
    * /forums/index.php
    * /groups/index.php
    * /groups/create.php
    * /groups/single/home.php
    * /groups/single/plugins.php
    * /members/index.php
    * /members/single/home.php
    * /members/single/plugins.php
    * /registration/register.php

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• LPH2005
    Participant

@lph2005

Thanks but no this is the same info right after you install the template pack.

modemlooper

@modemlooper

Try and change

id=”container” in a bp file
    to
    id=”primary”

You basically have to match up the container and content divs to match your theme files or BuddyPress is like a house without walls.

@modemlooper Bless you and thank you. Now the sidebar is in the right place but example in activity the What’s new box expands all the way to the right under the sidebar so I guess I need to make some other change somewhere.

modemlooper

@modemlooper

Link and i’ll tell you how to fix it

<div id=”content”> changed to <div id=”entry-content”> and done! @modemlooper again Thank You!!! for taking the time to help me out I hope this thread gives insight to others who have this issue.

Code examples corrected to prevent comment breaking thread! Please use backticks for code or escape characters -hnla

Am having a terrible problem with Buddypress working on my theme. my site is so ugly and unaligned with this Buddypress and the layout is distorting my website layout.
    Any help on how to add the static header widget on the header of my theme? how do i add the SIGNUP link to the static header widget. Somebody please give me a step by step full detail on how to align this buddypress on my site.
    I have a header.php
    i have a page.php
    i have an index.php
    and i have an footer.php
    What exactly am i gonna do to setup my site like http://test.emotique.net/register/
    MY REGISTER LINKE SHOW ERROR 404 NO PAGE FOUND

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP AM DIEING HERE.

@electroman we can’t give you a step by step guide this is not a paid support forum :) however we can help but you will need to have first ensured you have followed all the steps outlined by the template pack and read the help guide linked to earlier, bear in mind that the template pack doesn’t do all the work for you and there is a degree of coding skill and understanding of WP theme files required.

You will need to provide a link to your site that works – if that is your site that you linked to it’s throwing PHP errors and exposing your server path structure which isn’t a great idea – then someone will hopefully be able to spot what elements you may not have replicated in your BP files.

The 404 error is possibly that you haven’t set a permalink structure, and you will need to visit the permalink page in the backend and select a structure and save – the assumption is made that you are running mod_rewrite and able to write to the .htaccess file i.e permalinks work under plain WP?

Ethan

@hsiaolungchang

Sorry to trouble everyone again with this… but if anyone could spare a minute to point out what I’m doing wrong, it would be greatly appreciated. Free Herbs for everyone!

This is from the page.php from my template.
    `

`

When I change */index.php to this
    `

`

The BuddyPress info is still right on top of the background image and the sidebar is at bottom left when it should be at right…
    Anyone? Please?

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@hsiaolungchang Read through the example of the BP Template Pack process https://codex.buddypress.org/theme-development/bp-template-pack-walkthrough-level-easy-2/

Note that there is usually a pattern to the HTML structures you will be imposing from your design onto the template pack files. The code you posted above for page.php is incomplete closing divs and get_footer code.

Hi anyone,

I am using a special theme with index.php coded like this:

`<?php
    get_header ();
    ?>
    <div class="column span-“>
    <?php
    bm_homepageIntro ();
    bm_homepageTabs ();
    ?>

<?php
    get_sidebar();
    get_footer();
    ?>`

How can I make changes to fix the theme layout? It’s strange that there is no div id on my index.

Thank you,

Alex

Sorry the full code is here:

EDIT – Corrected your backticks in above post. Use backtick (`) before and after the code so code will be displayed in post. — Mercime

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@alexbdd Following the instruction in this BP codex article https://codex.buddypress.org/theme-development/wordpress-to-buddypress-theme/

Go to server and download the template folders/files transferred by BP Template Pack plugin process to your active WP theme folder down to your computer.

Open up activity/index.php

change this at the top, replace:
    `

`
    with
    `<?php
    get_header ();
    ?>
    <div class="column span-“>`

At the bottom of same file, replace
    `

`
    with
    `
    <?php
    get_sidebar();
    get_footer();
    ?>`

Save file and upload to server following the directory structure. You need to do the same thing in the next 12 files.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Making Your Theme BuddyPress Compatible’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar