Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Multiple columns gone in 1.5?

• alienjackhammer
    Participant

@alienjackhammer

Just curious… My theme supported 3 columns; but in the widgets area I’m only seeing on sidebar (instead of two). Did they nuke multiple columns in 1.5

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I’m not sure how updating core would affect your custom theme… unless you had made the changes to the theme inside the buddypress directory, which would have been overridden with the upgrade.

alienjackhammer
    Participant

@alienjackhammer

Yeah, it is strange. When I go to ‘widgets’ even on the default theme… There’s only one sidebar. The other options are for ‘footer widget area’s….

Does everyone else have this?

Like I said, there used to be two sidebars… (in the widget area config)

Tammie Lister

@karmatosed

The default theme only has sidebar and 4 footer widget areas – if you had more it would be a custom theme I’m assuming not the default theme. I can’t off top of my head think if this was different in past default theme but if anything we didn’t have footer widgets so may have just been sidebar.

alienjackhammer
    Participant

@alienjackhammer

OK… I’ll wait and see if the theme I’m using (Simple WP Community Theme 1.6) gets an update by the creator. Thanks for the response!

:)

Tammie Lister

@karmatosed

I would be fairly sure that theme would get an update however I’d also suggest making sure your theme and plugins are 1.5 ready before taking leap (may be like asking you to close door after horses bolted though :)).

No worries though worst case I’d suggest the default theme for a short while until the update and that’s had a huge refresh for 1.5 so well worth checking out.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple columns gone in 1.5?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar