Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

New users not showing up in BuddyPress

• edwardmills

@edwardmills

Hi There
    Just installed Buddypress with the P2 theme. Everything seems to be working except some of the people who register are not showing up in Buddypress. They show up in the User listing in the WP admin panel, but they can’t post on BP and they don’t show up in the member list.

One person I deleted from the WP users list and manually added from within WP and then she showed up in BP.

The strange thing is that it’s totally random. There are 23 Users in WP (all confirmed) and only 19 members in BP.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Assuming the missing user(s)’ accounts aren’t marked as spam, they probably need to log in before they appear in the BuddyPress lists.

CJ
    Participant

@sherjohn

Hey did you find the answer. I’m having the exact same issue. I had a thought. I’m wondering if the people who aren’t showing up did not go to their email and finish the registration process? But anyway if you’ve figured it out it would be awesome if you post the answer.

I see no one has answered this. I am having the same problem. Completely random and doesn’t matter what role I change the user too. The only solution is deleting and re-creating the user/member id.
    If anyone knows the solution to this please let me know.
    thanks.

I don’t know if anyone is still following this thread but I discovered the users with this problem had not activated the account. So I installed this plugin so I didn’t have to keep deleting and recreating these accounts. https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-activate-users/installation/
    FYI the users either were not receiving the email, or so they say, or the message went to spam or didn’t activate when they clicked the link.
    hope this helps.
    chow

emperornayan

@emperornayan

@bkeller99 thanks for your post…
    It helped me…
    Do you know why doesn’t the mail go ?

thanks this fixed my problem

miyanke
    Participant

@miyanke

The link doesn’t work, is there any other solution/plugin?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘New users not showing up in BuddyPress’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar