Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

qTranslate & BuddyPress… make it work but…

• nessradio
    Participant

@nessradio

Hi all!

I’m using a single WordPress 2.9.2 and BuddyPress 1.2.3 with BuddyPress Template Pack 1.0.2.
    When I was using the links of BuddyPress (Activity, Profile, Messages…) I was redirected to a 404 error page…
    After hours and hours I realised that it was my qTranslate plugin which were annoying me.
    So I’ve been through the plugin and in the file qtranslate_hooks.php I noticed this section: // Hooks (execution time non-critical filters)
    Inside of which I find a code called: add_filter(‘clean_url’,’qtrans_convertURL’);
    I just change this code to: remove_filter(‘clean_url’,’qtrans_convertURL’);
    And everything was working perfectly… my qTranslate was translanting as usual and all my BuddyPress links were working like a charm…
    mmmmmm… interesting… cause I don’t really know what the function add_filter(‘clean_url’,’qtrans_convertURL’); is about?? and how and where the new function remove_filter is gonna affect my site???

Any ideas?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Seems to be a bug or conflict between BuddyPress and qtranslate. https://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-troubleshooting/forum/topic/qtranslate-and-buddypress-problems/

Seems you’ve found the solution.

nessradio
    Participant

@nessradio

Yes it’s working but what are the actual consequences of the clean_url function??

nessradio
    Participant

@nessradio

So I’ve take a look of clean_url function of qTranslate.
    Actually clean_url helps qTranslate to clean the url. But because with BuddyPress we have to change the permalinks to somthing cleaner we don’t have to “reclean” the url…
    So the clean_url function of qTranslate is useless!!! even more… I think that all the functions under // Hooks (execution time non-critical filters) in qTranslate are not useful cause with BuddyPress we already have to clean the permalinks!

EDIT: The other functions under // Hooks (execution time non-critical filters) in qTranslate are important… The only one you have to change is the clean_url and it will work prefectly!

As I just find the solution I didn’t have time to test all the site… please report to me if you find bugs with this qTranslate tweak.

for new one not working please help

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘qTranslate & BuddyPress… make it work but…’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar