Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Same installs Same server, two diferent results

• I’m creating a sound geek site and developed it at my primary account at my host

WP 3.1 (Fantastico Install)
    BP 1.2.8 (seemed most compatible)
    Custom Community free theme
    (some other plugins but as I’ll get to later, this problem persists with them removed too)

I had hoped to migrate to the intended add-on domain. That got too complicated. I decided to just start from scratch again and follow the same procedures (I optimized some images while I was at it so I was trying to be positive about it). I def got two different results. The second install isn’t working right.

see http://www.soundnerds.com

1) The dark gray menu bar that shows at the top of the screen when you’re logged in (site name, My Account, Dashboard,etc) is not showing when in BP community pages (members, groups, etc.)

2) When in any BP community pages (members, groups, etc.) it says I am not logged in. If I go to any other page, it recognizes me as logged in.

3) In the first install, the BP Sidebar plugin and widgets behave as expected. In the second install, the default widgets will not go away when I add a new widget to the sidebar for those pages.

4) The option to create a new group is not available in the Groups page. Again this page also doesn’t see me as logged in either.

I have tried deactivating/deleting all installs down to just WP and re-installed BP. The behaviors were retained.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Same installs Same server, two diferent results’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar