Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Stupid question but can’t see how to search the forums….

• hatiro
    Participant

@hatiro

Apart from the search box at the top of the page, which seems to redirect any query to the blog posts page, how do you search forum topics?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• mixmastakooz
    Participant

@mixmastakooz

Yes! Good question.

David Cavins
    Keymaster

@dcavins

A popular way to do this is with a plugin:
    https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search.php?q=search+bbpress

Some integrate the bbPress search with the WP search, some keep them separate; both ways make sense on different sites.

markfox

@markfox

I think the OP means searching the forums right here on buddypress.org. Like hatiro, I’m wondering the same thing.

tovelli

@tovelli

Agree. I think it’s a good question.

@ChrisClayton
    Participant

@chrisclayton

@hatiro this is a known bug that is being worked on.

This ticket is the one they are currently using to track the issue if you have any additional information that may help them – https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3908

aces
    Participant

@aces

Have you tried searching with google along the lines of site:buddypress.org Your Question Here
    …..

hatiro
    Participant

@hatiro

@ChrisClayton Thanks, if its a known bug not a problem, just wanted to make sure it wasn’t me missing the obvious.

Andrew Chapman

@theselfpublishingpundit

Thanks, @aces, for the workaround — I forget the ability to do that in Google.

However, I really think this problem needs to be addressed. It was first raised over 2 months ago, with the last reply by @JohnJamesJacoby a month ago. It’s so bleeping impractical to have to wade through all the posts. I’ve posted my issue, but what a waste to have to do that if it’s already been resolved elsewhere.

I truly appreciate BuddyPress, but really can’t make much use of it as long as this is an issue. It would also be good to have paid support available. (And yes, I did post all this on the feedback forum.)

sharonmiranda
    Participant

@sharonmiranda

I certainly agree that this forum needs a search feature. I often find answers on other sites due to this.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Stupid question but can’t see how to search the forums….’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar