Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WP DashBoard- Replacement for Blogging!…

• Hi, My site is now sucessfully setup with WP3.0/BP 1.2.5.2 as a folder network setup with blog/forum and all the good stuff. I need to know if there is a way when a user setup a blog, they can create/edit/write on the blog with a plugin or some other app other than the WP dashboard blogging interface. If so, how can I set up..

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• techguy
    Participant

@crashutah

There’s not very many good solutions for replacing the dashboard for blogging. The only one I know of is P2 and it only integrates partially with BP from what I understand. If you do a search for P2 you’ll see the discussion about how well it works with BP.

Nahum
    Participant

@nahummadrid

I use P2 for user blogs and it works pretty good but then you feel like you want even more available to the user as far as an full editor with categories, custom fields, and other features like widgets, and switching themes….and that’s just not worth hacking up P2, so there’s also styling the backend so that it looks like your theme, for that check out wpengineer.com for some functions that’ll allow you to skin your wp admin. there may even be some plugins up to the task now, i haven’t checked. You could also get someone to develop some custom forms that could be placed on a page only viewable to the admin user. So there’s alot of creative ways to do it but ultimately…I think the push for frontend editing is getting bigger and bigger, and theme developers will begin including frontend features — if we show there is a demand.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Use Jet QuickPress in main blog – https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/jet-quickpress/screenshots/
    You’ll see that there are areas to input tags, categories and dropdown of which blog/s you want to post to.

Thanks all, really appreciate your input. I will try both P2 and QP and circle back with my experience on both!…Thx again!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘WP DashBoard- Replacement for Blogging!…’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar