Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

eventpress question

• ovizii
    Participant

@ovizii

this plugin’s output doesn’t seem to respect my theme. the content of the events page and any subpage goes 100% wide and pushes my sidebar to the bottom. is this intended?
    Just wanted to ask if the plugin has its own templates that I can alter or do I need to tinker with my theme?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• kunalb
    Participant

@kunalb

@ovizii That is not intended behaviour; the plugin has it’s own templates built off the default theme for BuddyPress; if you’re using a custom theme you’ll have to add your own templates. You might be able to get by with just changing the styles of the EventPress templates; the theme files are stored under eventpress/themes/bp and buddypress-custom-posts/themes/ . Any file you place in your own theme folder with the same name/relative path will directly over-ride these default theme files.

ovizii
    Participant

@ovizii

thx. that helps a lot. not much documentation around your plugin so far :-)
    running a custom theme so will look into building my own templates….

webmystery
    Participant

@webmystery

@kunalb Thanks for this great plugin. I want to override the orange color for .ep-event-details specified in events.dev.css. First I put the class in my child theme style.css. This didn’t work until I disabled events.dev.css by renaming it to xevents.dev.css. I’m now trying what you are saying above, and I want to make sure that I understand you correctly. I put /assets/css/events.dev.css in my child theme folder and it does not override the events press style. I also tried putting my own version of events.dev.css in my child theme root and that also doesn’t work. Then I tried putting /mytheme/assets/css/events.dev.css in the buddypress theme folder – no luck there either. I’m going to resort to the rename hack for now, but I’d like to find a more permanent solution. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

kunalb
    Participant

@kunalb

The over-ride works only for the php files, not the CSS files, actually. To remove the css file in an upgrade-proof way, dequeue events.dev.css: http://justintadlock.com/archives/2009/08/06/how-to-disable-scripts-and-styles. Or you might just want to add the css with an !important added to child theme’s style css, for example `.ep-event-details { background-color: #fff !important; color: #000 !important }`.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘eventpress question’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar