Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Featured Members Plugin and fatal error

• ella_j_designs

@ella_j_designs

Hi,

I installed the featured members plugin. I installed it automatically and it went in my plugins folder. I got this error:

#

Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_core_get_userurl() in /home/content/c/o/r/cornhill/html/cornhillbeta/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-featured-members-widget/featured_members_widget.php on line 51

Can anyone please tell me what’s going on and how to remedy the situation?

Thanks.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hugo Ashmore
    Keymaster

@hnla

As far as I’m aware this plugin does not run under 1.2.*. What version of BP are you using?

ella_j_designs

@ella_j_designs

The latest version.

Jeff Sayre
    Participant

@jeffsayre

@ella_j_designs

That is my old plugin that ran on WPMU v2.7.x and BP v1.0.2. It needs to be overhauled as the WP 2.8 series introduced a new widget API.

I was planning on updating that widget after I finished the Privacy Component. But let me look at it and see how much time I think it will take to get it working again.

ella_j_designs

@ella_j_designs

Wow…thanks!

Jeff Sayre
    Participant

@jeffsayre

I’ll be fixing this widget up in the coming week. Hopefully, I can re-release by the end of the week.

Jeff Sayre
    Participant

@jeffsayre

All support related questions for the Featured Members Widget should now be made with the Featured Members Widget Group forum. You must first join the group to be able to post to the support forum. While your there, please consider making a donation to keep me alive!

https://buddypress.org/community/groups/buddypress-featured-members-widget/forum/

Mark
    Participant

@mark211

@jeffsayre, I’m using 2.9.2 MU and the latest version of buddypress. Are they compatible with the featured members plugin? Also, what are the IDs for the members, is it referring to the usernames?. Thanks,

Jeff Sayre
    Participant

@jeffsayre

@mark211

Yes, the Featured Members Widget is working just fine on WP 3.0 and BP 1.2.5.2. So, you will have no issues. As far as your other question, the answer is yes. You find the member’s ID by logging into the back end of WP as Site Admin.

Just navigate to the “Site Admin > Users” menu and hover your mouse over the member’s username. Look down in your browser’s status bar at the URL for that member and you will see–as part of that URL–the “user_id=” segment. The number right after that is the member’s ID in the system. An easier way to find this information is to look at the wp_users table in your MySQL database.

Jeff Sayre
    Participant

@jeffsayre

I’m closing this thread as all further discussion about my Featured Members Widget should now be made with the Featured Members Widget Group forum:

https://buddypress.org/community/groups/buddypress-featured-members-widget/forum/

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Featured Members Plugin and fatal error’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar