Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Need a video plugin, for video community

• cavamondo
    Participant

@cavamondo

Im looking for a video plugin that will let me build a videocommunity WITHOUT hosting the videos. Im looking for a feature that lets user from my budydpress community add their externaly hosted videos (Vimeo, Youtube video etc.) to my library – and then display all the videos on a frontpage/video album page. The files should remain on ppls seperat video/youtube etc video account, but my site should function as a collection of remote hosted videos …

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• poomah
    Participant

@poomah

I second that. I’m looking for something similar so my users can add YouTube videos to their profile. I’d also like the ability to add and edit video links from the dashboard. Is that asking too much?

pcwriter
    Participant

@pcwriter

Xevo
    Participant

@xevo

BP Album+ has promised to do something of the like as well in a future update.

Nahum
    Participant

@nahummadrid

If on MU just create a secondary blog that is just for video posts. Connect your author profiles and bp profiles – (is something i’m still trying to figure out in a neat way) – The biggest tweak you’d need is a frontend form for members to be able to make their video posts. This way you inherit all the wp goodness for your videos only.

Xevo
    Participant

@xevo

@nahummadrid I tried the same thing, found out that it was way too much work.

Either wait till BP Album+ is done or wait for WP3.0 with its custom post types.

cavamondo
    Participant

@cavamondo

BP album is upload .. im thinking more in the line of a complex video-embed setup.

Nahum
    Participant

@nahummadrid

@xevo Yes the same can be done with post types within the same blog I guess i was using a whole other sub blog to act like a “post type” in a way…it hasn’t really been too much work from my end to do it the way i said but yea I will be moving to post types and I imagine it would be the same amount of work with creating the frontend form for users to add videos and customizing post templates to display the posts and archives in more of a video layout….still would need to figure out how to show author’s video posts separate from other post types to display as “my-library” and customize video post archives templates different from other post-type archives to give you the video community look and feel that @cavamondo is referring to. you can see sample on the channel section of my page.

bpalbum could work as well in a limited way, I like the control and all the options of using Posts, archives and authors. You would have to put in all that work you talked about into figuring how to manipulate all the user bp album videos for the site to display them in other pages, sections and search, when you could just inherit that from wp and inherit plugins too like ratings.

foxly
    Participant

@foxly

We’re adding video embed to BP Album+ as part of our Google Summer of Code sponsorship. For the latest updates, check out the BP Album+ forum here:

https://buddypress.org/community/groups/bp-album/forum/

We’ve just released a beta that’s a huge update over 0.1.7 and could really use some help testing it.

Thanks!

^F^

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Need a video plugin, for video community’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar