Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WP Multi Network for WordPress 3.1?

• I’m working on developing a new website that is going to be completely dependent on the WP Multi Network plugin. However, while working on some things today, I discovered that WP 3.1 is going to completely revolutionize the way Networks are handled in WordPress, causing the WP Multi Network plugin to stop working. I did some preliminary testing, and was able to get the options pages/site creation page working properly again, but other fundamental portions of the plugin are still broken.

I was just curious if you had any plans to write a new version of the WP Multi Network plugin for WP 3.1. Thanks in advance for your time.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• stratoextra

@stratoextra

This would be really important for me, too :-/

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

semir

@semir

Hi I have some problem too with WP Multi Network and Wp 3.1 … I have modified the code for the menus, I can create new network, but wen I move a site(assign site) from a network to anther the slug isn’t correct :(
    If someone as an advice …

alittlebitofnothing
    Participant

@ecomonkey

since 3.1 I could not seem to manage the new network, using JJJ’s plugin

creating the network, assigning sites seemed to work OK, great. but I’d get a Permanent Redirect Loop.

newnetwork.mysite.org/network/

Looking at other plugins I found that removing:

DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE,
    PATH_CURRENT_SITE, and
    SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE

directives from the wp-config.php file made everything better.

Phew, though I now wonder why I had those in there in the first place?

More news here guys:
    http://wpmututorials.com/news/new-features/multiple-buddypress-social-networks/

Since Ron is the one behind getting this to work, keeping tabs on our WPmu tutes blog would be the place to ask first.

@ecomonkey – those directives are put in there when you enable the network to start. you remove them to help with multiple network. (that’s the “site” value. each site in the code is, in fact, a network)

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@Andrea_r – BP MultiNetwork is awesome news indeed. Thank you and wpmuguru :-)

Hey, I just keep him well fed when he does this. ;)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘WP Multi Network for WordPress 3.1?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar