Forum Replies Created
Actually I’m not talking about the flicker problem in IE but the gap problem in FF which was I was hopeful your CSS tweaks would fix. For me, they did nothing. Not sure if this is a FF2 vs FF3 issue (I use FF3).
I notice that if I use the menu at testbp.org I get the same results. Once I move my mouse into the menu it almost always folds back up before I get to the bottom item in the list (eg. the log out link).
Even after these changes, I’m still unable to get my menu stable in FF3. Works flawlessly in IE and Safari though…
bp-core-adminbar.php controls what is on the menu. I used it to remove the visit tab on the far right and replace with my own links.
If you do a view source you can find the location of the buddypress logo on far left. I replaced that logo with my own logo, and it takes the reader back to the home page of the site.
You got it Trent, be glad to help.
I’ve spent countless hours getting my site to look right across all browsers. I was ready to launch until someone showed me my site in IE6, which I had totally neglected. Turns out that something like 1 in 5 people still use that POS.
In looking at your site tracedef, the problem with the top header is probably because you have it inside a table or div inside the footer. For the life of me I couldn’t get that header to go full width until I figured that out. Seems simple now…but after looking at my site for so long I was going blind to certain things.
I don’t blame this on Buddypress by the by, though there are some issues with the template. For example on the blogs page, in IEx you cannot see the buttons to visit the blogs. This is probably an issue on the member pages and groups pages as well.
If I dig out my code for how I solved that I’ll post here.
Unless someone has a better option, you can remove the code from the footer.php so that the admin/header bar does not show up. You’ll also have to tweak the css so the padding on the top of the page is removed.
There is probably a more elegant way though.
I think we had a similar problem and the solution was to assign Mu/Buddypress to http://domain.com rather than http://www.domain.com. This allows MU to create blogs on the subdomain that is http://subdomain.domain.com.
This is why your friends subdomain is working for your first blog, but the others are not. Or, that is my best guess.