Forum Replies Created
Hi @djpaul. Thanks for responding. Agree that 3 could be another plugin (or two).
Re 1 & 2. I have retested usuing three Themes:
1. BP Default, all OK, Posts to group wall only appear once, no double occurrence of group avatar, and no double appearance of some buttons (ie, leave group)
2. Mantra Theme, all OK here also EXCEPT that the BP Active user or login element (agree, not widget) doesn’t show, anywhere ? and
3. WPMU BP enabled Themes, any group where I enter new post update, has that update appear twice (two separate entries), and the group icon shows twice on the post update header line. Leave Group and other adjacent buttons also appear twice.
Uploading screenshots seems an issue for me, so I have created a post on the site you can look at. http://www.u3asite.com/demo/site-development/bp-theme-issues-in-1-7-beta-2/
Please note that, whatever the issues I have with my multiple plugins 🙂 , the only changes between these screenshots was to change theme.
Happy to provide you admin access if you message me where.
Hope this is of use to you, love your work 🙂
Ive been playing with Beta 2 and various themes, both Buddy Press compliant and not, and am seeing several issues.
1. WPMUDev compliant BP themes have the double post in Groups issue and are also showing double occurrence of the group Avatar on the activity line. It would be ironic if BP 1.7 final worked with any theme but those specially crafted for BP 🙂
2. almost all non BuddyPress themes are mostly OK, but they wont show the top of sidebar logged in user avatar or login / create account thing (is this a widget? It should be! One settable to not offer account creation if not logged in)
3. Although I have the all users can create groups box ticked, only Editors and above can create groups. This last issue persists when I switch to the BP default theme.
I have a swag of other plugins, but these problems seemed to persist when I deactivated most of these.
As I need to get on with this task I will need to revert to 1.6. I will take a backup.
Keep plugging away, this will be great when completed 🙂