Forum Replies Created
This issue has been verified, it is an issue with a BuddyPress plugin. Since this thread is not being checked back up on — I will post a new thread to alert the community of the issue.
BuddyPress Backwards Compatibility
Code that is needed to maintain backwards compatibility with previous versions of BuddyPress. Contains code for wire component, status updates, and functions that have been renamed or replaced.
Version 0.6 | By The BuddyPress Community
Is there anyone that has any other ideas about this? I still cannot get it fixed, it doesn’t happen with anything other than BuddyPress, I am using BP for a major part of my website that is due to launch by the end of this year. I would really like to get this working…
This is also specific to BuddyPress… I have an updates status bar at the bottom of my website that scrolls through the recent updates to the website (posts, pb activity, comments, etc) and all the links work from that bar (if there is a new posts, you can clik, and it takes you to the post’s page)… except for BuddyPress links, you click to view the recent update and it, once again, redirects you to the homepage.
Ok, yeah… I don’t want to redirect the logged in users homepage to their activity stream. I still want them to go to the site’s homepage. I just want the links to work correctly… and they DID prior to the WP/BP update yesterday.
Any more ideas?
Thanks again for all the help.
Thanks for your reply.
I just tried this… I even changed the structure, saved, and changed it back to my current settings of: Day and name (http://totallymi.com/2011/07/26/sample-post/)
1. Which version of WordPress are you running? 3.2.1
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install? Totallymi.com
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory? Root
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version? 3.2
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting. Not an issue with WordPress (Yes)
6. Which version of BP are you running? Updated to 1.2.9 last night
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version? Whatever version was used a month or two ago, downloaded from WP Plugins site.
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones?
Akismet | Version 2.5.3
BuddyPress | Version 1.2.9
BuddyPress Activity Comment Notifier | Version 1.0.3
BuddyPress Activity Plus | Version 1.2
BuddyPress Activity Stream Bar | Version 1.3.2
BuddyPress Backwards Compatibilty | Version 0.6
BuddyPress Gifts | Version 1.1
BuddyPress Live Notification | Version 1.0
BuddyPress Template Pack | Version 1.1.3
BuddyStream | Version 2.1 | By Peter Hofman | Visit plugin site
CubePoints | Version 3.0.3
CubePoints Buddypress Integration | Version 1.9.2
Dynamic Widgets | Version 1.4.1
Google +1 | Version 1.0.4
GTranslate | Version 1.0.26
Sidebar Login | Version 2.3.2
WordPress e-Cards | Version 0.1
WP-DownloadManager | Version 1.60
WP-Memory-Usage | Version 1.2.1
WP-Polls | Version 2.61
Zazzle Store Gallery | Version 1.0
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes? Arras 220.127.116.11 custom
10. Have you modified the core files in any way? Just theme related files
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php? No
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in? Don’t think so
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files. No errors
14. Which company provides your hosting? 1and1 (Business Package)
15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else? Linux/Apache
Here is some additional information — I don’t really think that it will make much difference — but if so, awesome.
Side note, I did edit my theme’s function.php to hard code in the address of http://totallymi.com but it did not change the fact that the BP activity stream is redirecting to the homepage vs the appropriate member’s stream.