@mercime Thanks for your suggestions.
I have tried once again XAMPP but this time I have installed inside the root folder (htdocs) and it worked. The previous time I made a virtual directory and probably I didn’t set rights on subfolders in httpd.conf? Maybe.
I should try on IIS in the root folder, see if there is any difference. Strange, isn’t it?
@mercime I haven’t resolved the issue yet. I am using a dev environment IIS + MySql + PHP.
I shall try Apache but I can see any reason why the web server would make the difference.
I don’t think that browsers cache missing pages information – I would guess they will try again every time they cannot retrieve a page. But I shall empty the cache and try again.
Thanks a lot!
@zvi18 I don’t know why you are interfering in this thread just to vent your frustration.
While I can relate to your frustration, it makes sense to discuss only technical matters so we can minimise the time that these helpful people put in.
I am working on a win8 local machine. This is waht I tried:
– I have installed it from dashboard by searching plugin name.
– I installed it from the dashboard by uploading an earlier version (2.0).
– I replaced the files on the folder with the unzipped plugin files.
All the components of the plugin are checked/activated.